Pipe freezing is method to freeze the content of a section of pipe by applying cryogenic (i.e. very low temperature) freezing agent in a controlled manner. when the ice plugs are formed maturely, maintenance works to the pipe can be carried out between the ice plug without draining massive amount of pipe fluid. This technique has been used on cross-country pipeline, process plants and pipelines containing water, sewage and a wide range of oils and other fluids.
WHEN IT IS NEEDED?
You are often faced with the following problems during alteration works:
- Perform maintenance and repair works on pipelines with
- Repair works on leaking pipelines.
- Replacing valves or flanges in pipelines with no zone valves.
- Insertion of branch in pipelines with no zone valves.
PIPE FREEZING PROCESS
Freezing Jacket installed
Freezing until formation of ice plug
Drain off water & observe the ice plug inside pipe
Perform hot work and pipe alternation
We provide pipe freezing service with the following advantages :
- Convenient - No need for massive draining of fluid
- Flexible - No need to shut system down
- Time Saving - Shorten system downtime
- Money Saving - Minimize labour required and loss of fluid / resources
- Hassle Free - No need to purge air or refill fluid after work is completed
- Reliable - Certainty in project time
- Quick - No extra workload
- Only Option - For many commercial or industrial applications
We are capable of providing pipe freezing service for
- Freezing of horizontal, vertical and inclined pipes
- Freezing of chilled water, condenser water, sea water
- Freezing of oil-based, hydrocarbon-based fluid and sludge
- Freezing of fluid with glycol (anti-freeze) and most chemicals
- Freezing of leaking pipes
- Freezing of metal, cement-lining, PVC and other plastic pipes
- Freezing of pipe diameters up to 48"
At Alstern Technologies, our certified technicians will provide on-site solutions with efficiency and safety as their priority. These services are executed in line with our company’s objective to instil confidence that Alstern Technologies delivers cost effective solution to our customers’ piping system requirements.
At Alstern Technologies, we believe in providing on-site pipeline solutions efficiently and safely. Our certified technicians will deliver cost effective solutions to our customer’s piping system requirements. In addition to the pipeline services, Alstern Technologies also provides turnkey service operations and tie-in projects.